Current Job Postings for Music in Schools Today
Music First! Teaching Artist
Reports to: Music Integration Specialist
Compensation: Teaching: $80/hour, meetings: $30/hour
Teaching Artists may work with classrooms, classroom teachers, small groups in schools, or community centers. Most positions begin with two hours per week, including training and prep time, with more opportunities upon review. Teaching artists are reimbursed for performance events and any additional meetings that are required. Our immediate needs are in San Francisco, San Mateo and the East Bay.
- Attend 3- four hour paid curriculum training sessions on curriculum coaching and assessment
- Follow written curriculum in delivering Music First!
- Train teachers by modeling the curriculum
- Ongoing communication with classroom teachers
- Teach diverse groups of children, demonstrating classroom management techniques
- Teach a parent-component class
- Uphold rules of conduct at program sites
- Coordinate with MUST office and program sites through email, phone, and in person
- Conduct assessment tests
- BA in music education, music performance, or music therapy, or equivalent
- Two years of experience teaching children
- Knowledge of age appropriate teaching methods and best practices (ages 3-5)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Reliability, punctuality, flexibility
- Artistic excellence and dedication to education
- Fingerprinting and TB test prior to hire
- Proven skills in working with at-risk or special needs children
- Understanding of early education development
- Experience developing unit plans and lesson plans
- Familiarity with remote reporting to a manager
- Bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin, or French
- Programming experience and collaboration with classroom teachers are a plus!
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING
- Cover letter detailing your interest in part-time work and other commitments
- Availability for teaching this Fall, including minimum number of hours per day and geographic areas you are willing to travel to
- Sample lesson plan
- Videos demonstrating your teaching skills are a plus
Please email your application to email@example.com.