Workshops and training help classroom teachers implement the new Science and Core Curriculum Standards. Most teachers have never been taught how to integrate curriculum-we show them how! We offer professional development workshops as well as year-long programming during which teachers explore music’s connection to cultures, science, math and language. Our Music Integration experts provide one-on-one trianing and support in the classroom for teachers.
Currently serving the districts of San Francisco through TEAM (TEAching through Music) and Oakland through Jazzocracy, music integration is available to requesting districts and schools in San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles.
How to Schedule a Residency at Your School:
1. Read through our program catalog and decide on what your school/site would like to offer. Is there a specific type of music or instrument you’d like taught?
2. Choose the day and time of week you would like to offer the class, number of classes, and number of students per class.
3. Call (415) 392-9010 or email email@example.com to discuss program options.
4. Set up a planning meeting with the Principal, Teaching Artist and Program Director to design a program that fits with your school’s schedules and needs. Decide upon exact dates and times for classes.
5. You will receive a contract, schedule, and invoice in the mail within a week to confirm the programming.
6. Once the program begins, MUST will make 1-3 site observations and administer teacher and student assessments.
• Teaching Artist per Hour: $96
• Teaching Artist per Half-Hour: $52
• Culminating Event per Hour: $100
• Meetings per Hour: $40
• Professional Development: Call for pricing
Music in Schools Today submits invoices to be paid within 30 days of receipt.
Music in Schools Today requests two weeks’ written notice for cancellation.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.