Music classes help at-risk youth improve school performance and build life skills. Our most popular program provides hand-tailored music classes to schools and community centers. Our trained Teaching Artists can teach during the school day or as part of an after-school program:
Hip Hop Dance
Beat Boxing and Hip Hop Music
Murals and visual Arts
Currently serving individual Bay Area sites, music enrichment is available to requesting districts, schools and community centers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
How to Schedule a Residency at Your School:
1. Read through our program catalog and decide on what your school/site would like to offer. Is there a specific type of music or instrument you’d like taught?
2. Choose the day and time of week you would like to offer the class, number of classes, and number of students per class.
3. Fill out the form below. MUST will contact you within 1-2 business days.
4. Set up a planning meeting with the Principal, Teaching Artist and Program Director to design a program that fits with your school’s schedules and needs. Decide upon exact dates and times for classes.
5. You will receive a contract, schedule, and invoice in the mail within a week to confirm the programming.
6. Once the program begins, MUST will make 1-3 site observations and administer teacher and student assessments.
• Teaching Artist per Hour: $96
• Teaching Artist per Half-Hour: $52
• Culminating Event per Hour: $100
• Meetings per Hour: $40
• Professional Development: Call for pricing
Music in Schools Today submits invoices to be paid within 30 days of receipt.
Music in Schools Today requests two weeks’ written notice for cancellation.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.